Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fall City, WA

We've been watching Twin Peaks.  I can't get enough of it.  Netflix is fast, but I'm so impatient!  Actually considering buying it, it is that great.  Anyway, today we drove up to Snoqualmie Falls and unfortunately it was covered in fog!  Argh!  And it was sunny in the city!  That was a good laugh.  On the way back through Fall City we stopped in at the saloon in the middle of town called the Last Frontier Tavern.  What a place! What a dive!  It was a great stop.  I'm pretty sure that I will get a beer there every time I'm in Fall City (which, counting this trip, is one time so far).  The tavern is old, with little pieces of time hung from the ceilings and walls.  Old boxing gloves, roller skates, punching bag, old beer cans strung together, old pictures, a vending machine where you can buy a ballpoint pen for a quarter, are all scattered about with countless other things.  It was cool.  The people in there are what you can expect-  friendly, talkative, already drunk and not leaving anytime soon and it's 4:30.  haha.  It was pretty fun, and entertaining for sure.  

Guess I'll have to adventure back to the falls sometime this spring or summer when the fog will be clear!  This is what it looks like on the show, and real life too I suppose ;)

No comments: