Friday, February 20, 2009

So I haven't blogged for a while now....



Man has life been keeping me on my toes.  The end of January was quite up and down, with unexpected changes that will hopefully be for the better.  Here's what I've been up to (well the happy things, anyway):
Lil Wayne:

Went to Key Arena and saw Lil Wayne perform with T-Pain, with Gym Class Heroes as the supporting band for wayne.  Was a totally awesome show, aside from the G string of the quite large girl in front of me.  Wayne not only is an amazing performer, but also had a freaking flame thrower on stage!!!  It was really fun watching his interactions with T-Pain, who I find obnoxious and completely entertaining.  


Went down to New Orleans on Valentine's Day with the BF.  It is Mardi Gras time, so we had a load of debauchery and drunkeness!  We ate a ton of great food including etoufee, beinets, fast food new to me (krystal's, whataburger, and checkers, all of which blow all other fast food burgers out of the water!!!), ate some fried crocodile, which wasn't too bad actually, and blackened redfish.  My God, it was GOOOOOOOD.  Drank some bloody mary's that put some hair on my chest and contained a salad of yummy pickled vegetables.  Here's a pic of some Krystals...I don't really remember taking it, but I know that it was damn tasty.

We also stopped by the Aquarium.  It was a lot smaller than I had expected, but the shark tank was very cool, and there were lots of little exhibits that were fun to explore.  The seahorses were particularly fun:
We also saw Hank III and Dr. Dog while in NOLA.  Both shows were quite fun, but Hank III was AWESOME.  He can really put on a fun show.  I took this pic but it didn't turn out as lifelike as being there (go figure):


For one day we left Louisiana and drove over to Mississippi and Alabama, where the BF is from.  We stayed in Mobile for a night and went to a few bars.  On the way over we stopped and took a swamp tour!  It was so fun, saw a few gators (see the beginning of this post for a pic of a 3 year old croc) and lots of white egrets.  The swamp was beautiful in its own way, and being the mountain girl I am I was a bit surprised at how easy it was to fall in love with the harsh environment of marsh and swamp.  Here's a few pics:



No comments: