Monday, May 4, 2009

Dubai



Definitely on the list of places to go. I just had to post a few images that I thought were cool.

I have to start with the  Burj Dubai Skyscraper.  It's the tallest, most fascinating skyscraper to ever be built on the planet.  It looks like a drawing!  Completely unreal...yet it's real.  Shit is blowing my mind over here people!  Of course it's about to be surpassed by the futuristic and completely obnoxious Al Burj (see under the Burj Dubai image). 

 I mean, how big do they have to go?  I get it, you could fit my hometown in one building.  Now that's something else.  I wonder how long the elevator ride is going to be.  What if you really had to go to the bathroom and all you had to do was ride the elevator....198 floors.  I'm sure they thought of that and have bathrooms in every elevator or something.  These are the things I think about.
Burj Dubai (Yes, this is an actual photograph)


Al Burj (Yes, this is a drawing)


And just for shits and giggles, a comparison?  You know you need it.



Palm Island Resort as seen from space

Palm Island Resort, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is featured in this image photographed by Expedition 10 Commander Leroy Chiao from the International Space Station. The resort is under construction on reclaimed land silhouetted against the dark waters of Dubai’s Persian Gulf coast. Advertised as "being visible from the Moon," this man-made palm-shaped structure displays 17 huge fronds framed by a 12-kilometer protective barrier. When completed, the resort will sport 2,000 villas, 40 luxury hotels, shopping centers, cinemas, and other facilities. When completed, the resort is expected to support a population of approximately 500,000 people. 


The Atlantis Resort







This is just a little taste!  Someday I'll go to there and it's going to be totally awesome.  Who's with me?

No comments: