Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas parties

Tis the season for office Christmas parties.  Woohoo, Right?  Wrong.  When they offer a person like me an open bar, it's all over.  Sure, sure there was a hell of a lot of food there to absorb the alcohol I was imbibing.  Unfortunately not enough to sway a hangover away.  I didn't think it would be so bad this morning, but then I puked while dropping the BF off at work...behind a gas station...out of the door of my car.  Um, yeah.  Not my proudest moment.  The worst part was driving to my job with cold December air blasting in my face to stave off another puking problem.  Oy.  And then to work, where the fluorescent lights just beat my headache into submission.  I put on sunglasses.  For reals.  It was that bad.  *sigh*  I guess the funniest part about the whole thing was finding out that after I got home last night I lived in song for a half hour.   Yes, I'm sure that song was so awesome.  

Anyway, I'm back on solid food now so that's just fine with me.  Tonight I'm watching Trainspotting (something about blogging about it the other day...) and knitting a pair of wristwarmers.  Well, working on them, I'm not sure if I'll actually finish them tonight.   

Hope all of you are having safe and hangover-free holiday parties. 

No comments: